Tuesday, June 14, 2005

NR0614:On Vidal Doble's statements re tapes

From the Office of Anakpawis Representative Crispin Beltran
June 14, 2005

Vidal Doble’s surfacing exposes rift in the AFP, existing plot against the presidency; tapes already etched in the public’s awareness

Anakpawis Representative Crispin Beltran today said the surfacing of alleged wire-tapper T/Sgt. Vidal Doble exposes a bigger problem or the already beleaguered Macapagal-Arroyo administration. He said that the initial statements of Doble reveal that there is a massive rift within the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and that there is indeed brewing tension within the AFP. “It’s becoming clear that there is a anti-Arroyo faction within the AFP and it wants to have the president ousted. There are forces within the AFP leadership who are plotting against Macapagal-Arroyo and it’s already made its move by releasing the controversial tapes of the President.”

Beltran said that Pres. Arroyo faces not just the outrage of the civilian populace disgusted with the electoral fraud she perpetrated and the relentless corruption of the First Family, but also the threat of the military withdrawing its support from her administration. “The tapes are clearly authentic, and they did not come from nowhere. It’s slowly being discovered that the source is from within the military because it, aside from the Philippine National Philippines (PNP) are the institutions readily able to wire-tap. Why these tapes have been exposed only now indicates something regarding the plans of the anti-Arroyo faction in the AFP. Clearly, it’s not t he Opposition who released these tapes because if were, it would have revealed the existence of the tapes long before and did not allow Pres. Arroyo to sworn in June 24 last year,” he said.

He pointed out that even if the AFP and the ISAFP pressure T/Sgt Vidal into denying all knowledge of the tapes and retracting his statements to the media that the wire-tapping was all part of a scheme to establish “a revolutionary government”, the damage has already been done.

“The main damning evidence is still the controversial tapes. They exist, the public has heard its contents, and no amount of explaining or denials on the part of Malacanang can erase the public’s awareness of these tapes. At this juncture, it doesn’t matter much who released the tapes – what is crucial here is the tapes’ contents and what they imply about the incumbent presidency. What we have is a bogus president, the victor of a rigged election, and a supposed leader who has no moral or legitimate mandate to lead.”

“It’s only a matter of time before this administration falls apart. It neither has the people’s support, and its now being revealed that there is in truth a plot against it coming from the disgruntled ranks of the military. The sooner the tapes are examined and its contents verified, the sooner the downfall of this bogus presidency. An independent body should be formed to examine these tapes,” he said.#


Post a Comment

<< Home